If you would like to send me something while I am on the trail please first email me at Isaac Kendrick (at) Gmail (dot) com to let me know that you are interested in doing so. If by some chance a few people at a time want to send something I want to be sure and coordinate it so I don’t receive them all in the same town. I will then reply to your message to let you know when and where you can send it.
In return I will at the very least send you a postcard to say thanks so please leave a return address.
Here is a list of items that I might appreciate out there (I really have no idea what I would want yet):
- Baked goods
- Whiskey (my favorite is Johnny Walker Black but any whiskey will be much appreciated).
- Freeze dried meals (I won’t be buying them for my hike because they are too expensive but I imagine getting one in the mail would be very welcome)
- Amazon gift card (I have Amazon Prime and will be able to ship myself items for free)
- Dried fruit and nuts
- Regional snacks (stuff I can’t get in trail towns)
- Jerky and Pepperoni sticks
- Starbucks VIA instant coffee (I like the lighter brews)
- Hot sauce condiment packets (I cannot find Sriracha packets but Panda Express has Chili Sauce that is close enough)
- Visa gift card (this is not at all expected but if I get one I will be sure to share with other hikers – buying a round of beer for instance)
- A handwritten note
How to send a package:
C/O ‘Name of Business’
1234 ABC Drive, GA 12345
Please hold for AT hiker
ETA Month DD, YYYY
It is best to send a package USPS Priority. Priority mail is good because if I am not able to open the box and carry the items I can leave it unopened and forward it up the trail for free.